Sunday, July 26, 2009

A "Closer" Look At M. Night Shyamalan's The Last Airbender



So here they are, the stars of the upcoming Avatar: The Last Airbender that M. Night Shyamalan is writing/directing/producing. While you may not recognize newcomers Noah Ringer (Aang) or Nicola Peltz (Katara), you may find the faces of Dev Patel (Zuko) and Jackson Rathbone (Sokka) very familiar. Patel was the star of last year's hit film "Slumdog Millionaire" and Rathbone played the vampire Jasper Hale in the successful, but not nearly as praised (and for good reason), Twilight film.

So yes, here they are. I still can't say that I am terribly excited about this film... and these pictures don't help that in the least... but I can say that it might not be so bad. Though, there's always room for a twist. Especially when Shyamalan is involved.

1 comment:

J. Gomez said...

My brother used to watch this show all the time. I caught a couple episodes and it was pretty interesting. I'd watch the movie!