Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire Impressions




At first I was a bit put off by Slumdog Millionaire, but I soon discovered that the overly simplified plot synopsis does not do any sort of justice to the film. It was deep, dark, interesting, funny, sad, and inspiring. I became enthralled from the very first second and that feeling never faded.The actors did amazing work, the score fit perfectly, and the cinematography was excellent. I now see why Slumdog Millionaire has received so much praise and I believe it deserves every bit of it.

I am awarding Slumdog Millionaire five stars out of five and a spot on my favorite films list for its seemingly perfect execution. I was pulling for Benjamin Button as Best Motion Picture in the Oscars this year, but it just didn't have the charisma I saw here.

2 comments:

mge said...

I don't know if the movie deserves those 5 stars but it's a must see only because of the music.

Amaaazing score.

Itchitaka said...

I was reluctant at first, but when I really thought about it, I just didn't see anything I didn't like about the movie.

I definitely agree about the score though. It was excellent.