Friday, August 22, 2008

My Phone: Mark II



I finally got my new phone yesterday! As stated here, I lost my beloved LG CU500+ while riding a roller coaster in North Carolina. While this phone, the Samsung A737, could never really replace my old one, I had a lot of pictures and important texts saved on it, it is actually really nice. It's a slider phone, as you can tell, and it has a lot of features in the way of personalization.

It is compact and comfortable to hold and talk on, which is always a plus. It has a speaker phone option and sound perception is high in quality on both sides. The large screen is nice as well and the images shown are clear. It has a microSD card slot on the side and also plays MP3s which is great in terms of finding ringtones. While it lacks an external camera button, the camera is easy to get to and the picture quality is quite nice, though a flash ability would have been a nice addition. It also had Ms. Pac Man preloaded on the phone so that was a nice surprise as I have strayed from phone games since the days of Snake on my first phone. Those were good colorless, large pixel, times. Anyways, the interface itself looks great and you can set up a variety of nifty little graphics for entering numbers and such. I haven't finished exploring all of the features just yet, but as I said before I am really enjoying this phone. Now I just have to protect it from various dangers like large bodies of water and coconut bears. You know, the normal stuff.

No comments: