Friday, August 15, 2008

Half-Blood Prince Delayed Until Summer 2009



(Title image from here)

Big news Potter fans. As you can tell from the title, the previous release date for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, November 21st, 2008, has been pushed back to July 17th, 2009.

Why the delay you ask? Is it because the film is not yet complete? Is it because the film is tied up in some new controversy? Nope. The film has been pushed back in an attempt by Warner Bros. to "take advantage" of an open weekend in the summer '09 movie schedule. So in essence, the film studio hopes to make more money in the summer than they would have made in the winter. I personally think that this is ridiculous as all the Harry Potter films have been high grossing and I really don't think it will make that big of a difference when it is released. Also, this delay will mean a full two year gap between the previous film, The Order Of The Phoenix, and Half-Blood Prince. I really think this news will(has) upset most of the fans, but in the end they'll still be there on opening night. I know I will. But I definitely won't be wearing my nifty Hufflepuff robes. I can do that much against them at least... but maybe I'll still wear my tie. *cough*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I will be wearing my tie right next to you.. Just so you know.. and dont feel left out.. Sure thats the reason and only that >.>

typou said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.