Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Left Behind



The end of my fifth poetry series entitled "Types of Love." I've been working on a series of acrostic poems in recent weeks so I will be sure to get a few of them up before the end of the month.


Left Behind

I sometimes wonder
If the heart I left behind
Is still out there somewhere,
Living a life I never can.

A life where you are still here,
With me,
Warm and alive.

A life that I buried
With my feelings for you.
Lost to an infinite
Blackness.

As we continue to move,
We lose more and more.
Like pens running out of ink.

Days pass by,
Seasons change,
Yet we can not spare the time to look up
And see how vast the sky really is.

We wrap ourselves in daily routines,
Fearing the slightest pause,
But life is to be savored not swallowed.

We must find a way to overcome
Our imaginary responsibilities,
Or our lost and lonely hearts
Will never find their way home again.

Though I kind of hope
Mine finds its way to you.
I think it would be happier there.

I know I would.



Copyright © 2009 Jarred Lee

No comments: