Thursday, October 15, 2009

Zombieland Impressions



I will get straight to the point here: Zombieland was definitely a fun movie to see, but there were just too many times when I was disappointed by the lack of zombies. It's "Zombieland!" Come on! Also, I felt like the film leaned too heavily on its "surprise cameo." I won't spoil it for you, and I love the actor/actress as much as anyone else, but there were no zombies during that entire portion and it kind of ended up feeling like a partially unscripted break. A one hour and twenty minute film just doesn't really have time to take a break. Especially one that should be filled to the brim with zombies.

Other than that, the characters were likable (with the exception of Abigail Breslin's kind of pointless "little" girl) and the film was mostly humorous. Some of the jokes were kind of stale, though. Also, the Monday night football themed inserts went from amusing to overused pretty quickly. Especially the whole "double tap" thing. If you leave the theater without understanding that concept then you obviously fell asleep at some point.

I am awarding Zombieland three and a half stars out of five for being fun and never taking itself too seriously, but wasting too much time and having poor zombie management. All in all, I'd say Zombieland is a great film to go see with friends, but don't think too hard about what's going on.

1 comment:

flabsalp said...

I'd say that summed up the movie pretty good.