Monday, October 5, 2009

I'm Talking About Wild Things (Where the Wild Things Are mega-post)



So as you all probably know, Where the Wild Things Are opens in American theaters on October the 16th. As most of you probably know, I am absolutely ecstatic about this film. I honestly can not remember the last time I have said that. Now, I know that most people are interested in the film because of the nostalgia created by the book, but it is really different for me. Don't get me wrong, I loved the book, but the sense of imagination I have seen in the trailers for this film is simply captivating. More like this, Hollywood. More like this.

As an added bonus, this being a "mega-post" and all, I am including a link to where you can listen to a stream of the Where the Wild Things Are soundtrack (which was written by Karen O of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs) in its entirety, and a video of the Where the Wild Things Are book. Now, I am not sure if the video is "official" or not, but it is really well done either way. It reminded me of those video reading tapes we used to watch in elementary school. Anyway, enjoy! See you at the premiere!

Soundtrack by Karen O And The Kids (music player under post opening picture): http://stereogum.com/archives/stream-the-where-the-wild-things-are-soundtrack_092471.html

No comments: