Friday, January 23, 2009

All Alone




It has been over a month since I last posted any of my writing. It's so crazy how fast things move when you overlook them for just a moment. Ah well. I wrote this not too long ago and it's still a part of my fifth poetry series which is all about different types of love. I have really been trying to avoid posting a master list of all my deviantArt writings, but I just may one of these days.


All Alone

Once when we were
All alone,
You spoke softly to me
And I knew then
That no one was there.

How can I have so many
Good memories
When it hurts so much
To just look at you?
To just hear your voice?

It is as though we were
A part of some wonderful dream
That I have removed myself from,
But you are still
Living.

I suppose that it is just
Easier this way.
Easier to feel this anger,
This hatred,
When I am removed.

You can not really regret
Anything
If you take away all of the
Good.
All of the love.

But how are you still living there?
Still dreaming?
I can not seem to tell
If you are just oblivious,
Or if you never really cared at all.

I am trying desperately to believe
That you did at some point,
But I may just be lying
To myself.
We all need lies sometimes.

We all need to feel like
Everything is okay,
But I can not keep going through
The motions.
They are not getting us anywhere.

At that time,
You may have meant those magic words you said,
But I just can not accept them anymore.
I just want to get to a place
Where I can feel again.

Is that so wrong?



Copyright © 2008 Jarred Lee

No comments: