Thursday, July 17, 2008

Watchmen Trailer Actually Looks Impressive


Watchmen, a short comic book series turned graphic novel, showcases a much darker side of DC. The story takes place in an "alternative history" United States on the brink of war with the Soviet Union where the "superheroes" are much more gritty and realistic. I won't go any further into the story, but you can be sure that Zack Snyder, who directed the artistic masterpiece that was 300, will try his hardest to make sure the downbeat, Cold War era, comic maintains its rough feel and tragic storyline.

Though I am only familiar with the comic in passing glance, and not too keen on DC, I am really excited about seeing this film. I will definitely have to check out the graphic novel as soon as I can and hopefully it will be brought to life before my eyes, and all of yours, when the film drops on March 6,2009.

Please feel free to go here for a better version of the trailer, because apparently blogspot is not that great at video uploading.

1 comment:

Mere said...

Would you happen to know what the song on the trailer is called...?