Sunday, September 27, 2009

AWA Follow-Up



So yes, another AWA (apparently I did a blog entry last year? Wow.) has come and gone. This year I brought my Hufflepuff robes out of retirement, which apparently makes me Cedric Diggory, so the convention was considerably more enjoyable than last year. Everywhere I walked I kept getting "Hufflepuff!" shout outs and I even scored six or so high fives and a few hugs (yes, from girls) so that was cool too. I got photos taken, as well, but that is kind of implied. There was also a Harry Potter photo shoot on that Saturday and it went really well! About twenty or so people showed up (which is pretty huge) and I was the only Hufflepuff so I got my own photo segment when we went by sections. I will refrain from posting pictures from the shoot here, but you can see the full album on my facebook page. Just comment here if you want the link and then friend me. My roommate went as Scar again this year so he got a good number of photos too (but no hugs so I win, haha).



Moving along, beyond taking pictures (photo-shoots and otherwise), the airplane hanger sized Dealer's room, and the equally large Artist's Alley there really isn't much to do at AWA. There really aren't very many notable guests and the panels are kind of dull. The video rooms are fairly interesting, I suppose, but why go to a convention for that? Anyway, I didn't make any purchases this year, which was kind of disappointing because I really wanted a new messenger bag, so walking around the Dealer's Hall about fifteen times got a bit stressful. Oh, and I got pulled over to the MomoCon table (because I'm Vice President of Anime O-Tekku now and I have "responsibilities" and such) for about an hour and a half to sell things and give out fliers so my feet never really got too much rest.



So, that's it. AWA was much more fun than usual for this year, mostly because I didn't bother with any panels and I dressed up, so I will probably go again next year. I want to try to do some kind of cosplay from now on, though, so I am already working on something for MomoCon and beyond. It is a little ambitious, mainly because I am not too sure how many people watched the show, but hopefully it works out. I will reveal the cosplay when I have more things finalized (I want my roommate to dress up as another character from the show).

1 comment:

Jarred said...

Wow, it sounds like a good time. I am super interested into know which cosplay you want to do though. And I hope everything was as fun as it sounds... Hufflepuff all by yourself, sounds super awesome.