Tuesday, September 22, 2009

"9" Impressions



Sorry for the staggered posts. These past two weeks have been hellish.

The thing that hurt the most about "9" was that I was really hoping that it would be good. It had me truly interested from the beginning and it just kept looking better and better. Unfortunately for me, it was terrible. Awful. "9" felt more like an experiment in design than an actual film. It honestly felt like Shane Acker was more interested in how things looked than whether or not his story made any sense. I heard beforehand that the story was muddled, but I had no idea that it was going to be as a bad as it was. At the end of the film, I honestly wondered why any of the main characters ever existed at all. Everything just felt utterly pointless.

I am awarding "9" one star out of five for having good voice acting and decent animation but lacking pretty much anything else. If you're absolutely dead set on seeing this excuse for a film, I suggest you wait for the rental.

No comments: