Monday, September 15, 2008

Separate Ways



"Fleeting love." A sudden burst of creativity and inspiration, silly hopes and far away dreams, and then nothing. Nothing but passing memories of happier times. It's such a funny feeling to feel.

Separate Ways

I was so sure
When we said goodbye
That I would be able
To say it again someday.
Was I wrong to hope
For such a thing?

With you gone,
Who will share
My dreary dreams?
My fragile hopes
And wishes
For such an uncertain future?

With you goes
That piece of me.

Riding on this lonely train
With the city lights passing by
Feels like something unnatural.
Something in definitive contrast
To that silly little fantasy
You and I created.

If I had just been
That selfish person you always wanted
You would be sitting beside me now,
But I could never love in that way.
I could never live
So recklessly.

This one last decision
Had to be my own.

I will not sit alone forever,
Someday this train will seat two once more,
But that dream we dreamt together
Will never be dreamt again.
No one else could ever captivate me
The way you did.

Astonishing still it seems
That we were able to dream for so long.
Perhaps that selfish person you desired
Was not so far from the surface?
Yet I could never love from that place,
Or keep you from what you deserved.

I could never live
With that part of me.

So you will have to hold on tightly.



Copyright © 2008 Jarred Lee

No comments: