Saturday, July 16, 2011

"Transformers: Dark of the Moon" Impressions



"Transformers: Dark of the Moon" was significantly more entertaining than the two films that preceded it, which wasn't all that hard to accomplish, but just as poorly written. I mean, the logical gaps were just too excessive. While I was watching the movie, I actually came up with an alternate title that seemed much more fitting than "Dark of the Moon." I call it "Transformers: What Was Your Plan?!" Why, you ask? Because hardly a minute goes by where you don't want to ask that question. All of the character's actions seemed so impulsive and ill-conceived that you really have to wonder if the writers weren't just randomly stringing together index cards with ideas written on them. Yes, every last character. Even Optimus Prime himself made more than a few pointlessly stupid decisions. I am all for expensive CGI and whatnot, but if a film feels like it was written by the kid in the back of the class who flicks his boogers and just can't seem to sit still then I'm sorry, I just can not enjoy it.

I am awarding "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" two stars out of five for being as flashy as ever, but still very poorly written. Honestly, the film's masterstroke is definitely the fact that Leonard Nimoy voices a majorcharacter. That is really the only reason I could ever envision myself watching it again.

No comments: