Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Daybreakers Impressions



There just isn't much to say about "Daybreakers." The acting was good, and the futuristic vampire world was shiny, but everything else was just... stale. There just never seemed to be a real sense of purpose in the film. The protagonists were really just reacting to whatever unfortunate situations they happened upon, conveniently overcoming them, and then getting to ride away into the sunset to a cheesy "we're out there" voice over. The time frame of the film was also completely skewed as I wasn't sure if the events took place within days, weeks, or even months.

I am awarding "Daybreakers" three stars out of five for... well... being a movie. I neither liked nor disliked it and it didn't really try anything out of the ordinary. I had high hopes for this film, but I suppose it will eternally be known as my first disappointment of 2010. Ah well, I hope "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus" fairs better... when I can finally track it down.

No comments: